click to enlarge
Chris Anderson, A.K.A. the Birdman, was officially re-instated to the Hornets organization this morning in a press conference before shoot-around. Nothing truly out of the ordinary happened but there were some highlights:
- Owner George Shinn called it a "special day" and talked about how when Anderson was first on the team he became the most popular player in New Orleans and "in that other state we were playing in."
- Anderson went out of his way to talk about how he doesn't intend to "step on anybody's toes" and that what the team has "accomplished is tremendous." He also mentioned how he loves coach "B. Scott."
- GM Jeff Bower also pointed out how the team is "a much different team than when [Anderson] left it.
- Scott opened his remarks by saying "I've always had love for the Birdman."
- The Hornets P.R. people were handing out press releases with Anderson's profile on the back with these interesting bits of info: "[Anderson] had his artwork auctioned off for $2,100 at the 2005 Top Hats & High Tops benefit for Hornets children's charities ... played several instruments growing up, including trumpet saxophone and baritone."
It's going to be a lot of fun having the Birdman back.