While our monthly Green Matters goes to print this week, here's a brief news roundup.
- Check out the short and sweetness of what President Barack Obama's newly laid out plans for future autos looks like (in simple terms).
- Also on the Grist tip, America: We lost. The National Geographic Greendex ranks America as the lowest of sustainable or green consumers. Hooray.
- Water conservation: You down with that? Check your IQ here.
- The Greater New Orleans Foundation awarded half a million dollars worth of grants to local environmental groups through its Environmental Fund. Follow the list at the bottom to see what those groups will be up to.
- Also good news: The Hollygrove Market & Farm anticipates opening as early as June. Details to follow in the coming weeks. Get yo' pocketbooks out.