Yes, theres going to be a parade today, but its going to be cold out there. The City of New Orleans is enacting its freeze plan this evening, so in the spirit of looking out for those less fortunate Who Dats who might need a warm place to stay tonight, remember the following locations.
Heres the official press release from the Mayors Office:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 9, 2010
CITY ENACTS FREEZE PLAN
Persons needing shelter will be accepted at the following locations under the following conditions:
· The Ozanam Inn, 843 Camp Street - Will accept males only beginning at 7:00 p.m.
· The Covenant House, 611 N. Rampart St - will accept males and females, between the ages 16-21, and families starting at 9 p.m.
· The New Orleans Mission, 1130 Oreatha C. Haley Blvd., - Males and females, starting at 7:00 p.m.
· The Salvation Army, 4500 South Claiborne Ave. - Male or females, beginning at 4:30 p.m. And finally,
· The Bridge House, 1160 Camp St - Will accept males or females that may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol beginning at 10:00 p.m.
All shelters will be opened free of charge to persons seeking shelter during this period of inclement weather.
Stay tuned for further announcements.