We're rolling out a completely revamped website at Best of New Orleans, redesigned from the ground up. As news consumers, we've had many of the same frustrations with newspaper websites as you have, and the new Gambit has been designed to be less cluttered, easier to navigate, and very easy to search. Here are some of the highlights:
• New content every day on the main page. News doesn't happen once a week, and you'll find stories from Gambit writers posted in a more timely fashion. You can also share any story on Facebook, Twitter, Digg or del.icio.us with one click.
• A simplified navigation bar. At the top of every page you'll find the categories NEWS, ARTS, MUSIC, FILM, EAT+DRINK, HEALTH, SHOPPING, CLASSIFIEDS, and WIN (where we post the latest Gambit giveaways and contests — and we're always giving away something).
• The most complete listings in town just got easier to navigate: our new listings search box is on the top right of every page. You can specify dates, categories and neighborhoods to find the best things going on around town. Once you've made your pick, send yourself an email reminder or add to your iCal calendar with one click. (And our revamped movie listings page is like none other.)
• The Blog of New Orleans is joining the Gambit site. At the top of the Gambit site will be the three latest posts from our blog, and you can click on them to read the entire blog, which has also been redesigned to be easier on the eyes.
• Our columnists — Clancy DuBos, Chris Rose and Blake Pontchartrain — will have permanent homes on the front page, where you can access their latest columns easily.
• A box on the front page features the Top 10 most viewed stories, most commented-upon stories and most shared stories on Twitter and Facebook. See what other people are talking about.
• Social media: Our Facebook and Twitter feeds will be updated in real time on the front page.
• More video. Besides YouTube, we'll be posting informative and fun video from Hulu, Vimeo, cable news, Comedy Central and more. We'll also be presenting news from our partners and friends at WWL-TV (your favorite news station in our annual Best of New Orleans poll), including Clancy DuBos' political analysis, music writer Noah Bonaparte Pais' Thursday morning weekend picks and CUE editor Missy Wilkinson's monthly guide to fashion.
• Finally: ease of search. Gambit content reaching back to 2001 is completely free to access, and now we've made it easier to find.
Please forgive any temporary bugs you might find as we get the new Gambit rolled out online. If you have any praise, complaints, suggestions or general feedback, we'd love to hear from you.
By the way, there were 70 jubilant guests, not 40, without counting Bernie and Jane…
Bernie was saying that had Sandra been white instead of black, she would have been…
That's correct. The speech is posted to YouTube now also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY_pN5Poeg……
@Rashida - You may be right; I was typing on the fly. I'll go back…
I hear that Bernie Sanders actually said "...that wouldn't have happened to a middle-class, White…
Interesting information about unique innovative fitness equipment for body shape www.vacuactivus.com