Hey, we just get the press releases, people — we don't write 'em:
Drew Brees, quarterback of the New Orleans Saints, who is commended for being a role model to young people, heads the "Ten Best-Mannered People of 2010," by the National League of Junior Cotillions. The list, which is in its 19th year, is compiled by the NLJC, an etiquette and social training program involving thousands of young people in the United States.
Yeah. And he beat out fellow New Orleanian Sandra Bullock, as well as Justin Bieber and the Chilean miners (wut?).
We respectfully request the pleasure of your company under the jump to see the rest of the list!
The 2010 best-mannered individuals are:
1. Drew Brees - for being a positive example and helping New Orleans rebuild.
2. Justin Bieber - for consistently showing courtesy to his fans.
3. Kate Middleton - for the poise and dignity with which she conducts herself in the public spotlight.
4. Jamie McMurray - for the respect he has earned as a NASCAR driver.
5. Elizabeth Edwards - for the grace she displayed in facing life's greatest challenges.
6. Chilean Miners - for demonstrating optimism under pressure during their struggle for survival.
7. Taylor Swift - for inspiring young people with her music and her manners.
8. Sandra Bullock - for setting high standards of excellence as an actress.
9. Robin Roberts - for extending warmth and kindness to "Good Morning America" guests.
10. Bill and Melinda Gates - for their example of generosity in giving to those less fortunate.
"The annual selections are based on the demonstration of dignity, honor, and respect," says Elizabeth Anne Winters, NLJC National Director. "Drew Brees was chosen for not only displaying good sportsmanship in leading the New Orleans Saints to their first Super Bowl title, but also helping in the rebirth of New Orleans after the tragedy of hurricane Katrina."
No offense, but as a Vegan, I can not seem to find a place that…
Oh man...go over to artz bagels and get the freshly boiled kale topped over a…
Breakfast-Beignets and dark chicory coffee. Lunch-Po-boy with Binders French bread. Snacks-1 apple Hubig pie,and 1…
Proof this rebuttal before some douche starts proclaiming we don't know how to spell carnival!
"...surprise and sadness of bagel-loving New Orleanians"? Goldielocks, PLEASE! On a scale of 1-10, with…
@Killer Kale I just spent 20 minutes trying to think of a pun involving the…