Since I had double jaw surgery, two (or three?) teeth removed and a three pint blood transfusion on Friday, my face is ridiculously swollen and I keep nodding off. I don't want to scare anyone with my face and would rather not fall asleep on the bus, so instead of blogging about a particular route this week, I'm recapping our adventures so far, sharing some public transit tips and giving you a preview of what's to come.
Public Transit Tuesdays so far:
We've been Uptown, to New Orleans East, to Metairie and to St. Bernard Parish. Also, we've been featured in the Neighborland handbook, mentioned on the St. Bernard Parish website and acknowledged by the RTA.
Public Transit Tips:
1. If you're riding an RTA bus two ways, especially with a transfer, just buy a $3 day pass. It's $1.25 to ride an RTA bus/streetcar one way, $1.50 with a transfer. For $3, you can ride any RTA bus/streetcar all day without having to worry about your transfer expiring or not being able to ride the bus you bought the transfer on.
2. Be mindful of other patrons. No one wants to hear "Rack City" coming from your MP3 player at 9 a.m. Nor does anyone want to smell the McDonald's fries you are indiscreetly feeding your baby.
3. Don't get comfortable in the seats in the front that are reserved for the elderly and wheelchair-bound patrons, as a lady with a decked out laundry cart and pinwheel can show up anytime, demanding a seat.
4. If you can't find your money, go sit down and look for it so you won't hold everyone else up.
5. The driver already has friends and doesn't need anyone standing at the front of the bus talking to him.
Public Transit Tuesdays preview:
I'm riding the Megabus to Mobile, AL in July and riding the LA Swift to Baton Rouge sometime after. It'll be interesting to compare our public transit with that of other big cities. I've also figured out how to ride the Megabus to Chicago and to New York. Going to the Westbank soon, too.
It's called a rhetorical question.
Oh come on blaster..is he clean,is he smart,..he is a politician for gawd sake. You…
bg keep ya head up keep it real in the cell
Is he clean? Is he smart? Is he willing to really differentiate himself from Baldy…
Money doesn't necessarily win elections anymore. Look at Latoya, Yolanda King and Vance McAllister. There…
Jackie says..."now when I was first elected to the council back during the civil war...."