1. Switch from coffee to tea, which has less caffeine, or grain or soy coffee, which has no caffeine.
2. Turn on all the lights in your room to make your body recognize it's time to get up.
3. Exercise to rev up your engine and kick-start your metabolism. If you can't run around the block, do jumping jacks for three minutes, stretches or yoga.
4. Use peppermint soap or a similarly invigorating body cleanser in your morning shower or bath.
5. Eat breakfast; it balances your metabolism and blood sugar, helping to maintain energy levels.
6. Start your work day with creative activities that perk up your mind.
7. Get six to eight hours of continuous sleep each night so you wake up with energy.
8. Avoid heavy nighttime meals.