Hi Give Me Truth,
Your comment appears well thought out and your passion is evident. May I suggest, however, that at worst it could be potentially cynical and misguided.
BioDistrict New Orleans and the GNOBEDD Board have worked tirelessly to fund a project that potentially provide:
- Healthcare to those currently without (life expectancy far shorter than the US average in NOLA)
- Job to New Orleanians who are desperate for them
- Stimulation to a stagnant local economy
- Revitalization to a blighted part of downtown
- A venue to attract out of state dollars
This isn't a conspiracy. This isn't a plot to destroy neighborhoods and New Orleanians. Idealogically, the BioDistrict is an opportunity to bring health and money and jobs into the city for the benefit of all of us.
I know we are rightfully resistant to change in NOLA and I know that we need to keep having discussions about taxes and zoning and historical preservation. But let's not blow something good based on previous bad experiences.
Powered by Foundation