When we went to visit the venue we asked about where our guest would be during the cocktail hour. They told us that they usually set up on the side walk for the cocktail hour. I told them that Venusian Gardans wasn't the place for us because I didn't want our guest on the side walk in front of the building. Ify the manager then told me they would have renovations in the back yard complete by then and we could use it at no charge. 6 weeks before the wedding, they called to tell me if we wanted to use the backyard I would have to pay them $250 and I had to provide the furniture. Of course I refused considering I had already paid them $3700. We then asked them about using the building for rehearsal and they told us it would cost $250. So we had rehearsal at the Ambassador. A week before the wedding Ify called Kersulyn our wedding planner and told her she could have the back yard at no charge. She also told Kersulyn she would furnish the back yard at no additional cost. On wedding day the venue was filthy and my staff had to clean it. When Kersulyn arrived Ify demand $500 for the backyard and the furnishing so Kersulyn paid it. There was supposed to be 8 tables in the back yard and there was only 1. There was supposed to be 13 guest tables in the building and there were only 9. I had to rent 8 additional tables to hold the food and cake. The contract we signed didn't include or exclude the backyard. The contract said there was supposed to be security. None of us saw security. The contract said they would provide all the tables and linens but they didn't. One of my guest fell in a whole in the backyard. After our balance was paid we couldn't get in touch with them. They wouldn't meet with us nor would they return our calls. We tried everything to move the wedding but every place we called was already booked.
We appreciate your very "prompt" response ( a year later). There is without doubt several areas in your response that not only horrify be but are intensely inaccurate. Not only have you misrepresented your organization, you outright lied to us on several occasions.
- We were assured that we would be provided with all tables, chairs and linen for our event per our contract, however, our event planner was forced to rent tables and chairs as the number that we were assure were not made available to us. We are also able to provide receipts to such.
- I have no reason to believe that there was a miscommunication in reference to the use of the outdoor space, a representative of your establishment lied, pure and simple. We were initially told that we could use the outdoor space with no additional charge, which is why the cocktail hour was planned in that area. Had we not been told that we could use the outdoor space at no additional charge we would not have used your venue, as you were told when you initially told us that our guest would have to go out front on the sidewalk.
- There was absolutely no reason why, on the morning of my wedding that my wedding planner and her staff was forced to clean the venue because it was filthy.
- In reference to your security, while you may have written a check to someone for something, there was absolutely no security present that was noticed by myself or any of my guests.
- While you are mentioning that you assisted in the clean-up of the venue after our event, I can without a doubt say that is an accurate assessment as a many of the things that were brought in by my wedding planner and her staff somehow, turned up missing up doing inventory for the night. I can't help but wonder if you helped yourself to items that did not belong to you or your facility.
- After the event you were contacted by my wedding planner both by phone and via email, but none of her attempts to contact you were ever returned.
- You stated that you are easily accessibly during regular business hours, that is completely inaccurate, as both my wedding planner and myself attempted to contact your establishment on several occasions after the signing of the contract none of those attempts were successful, as is evident by the late reply to this complaint.
While the venue is beautiful, it does not in any way make up for the lies and the gross misrepresentation that accompanies the venue. Your staff is rude, inconsiderate, and outright liars. There is nothing that will change that opinion.
Powered by Foundation