Mayor Mitch Landrieu's annual "Budgeting for Outcomes" meetings in each City Council district begin this week with District C on Monday (Aug. 18) and will continue through Aug. 27 in District D. In a press release, Landrieu stated, "These meetings allow us to hear directly from New Orleanians on what their priorities are, and allow us to stick to our budgeting principles: Cut smart, reorganize and invest in the future."
Each meeting will be attended by Landrieu, the district council member, various deputy mayors and department heads, New Orleans Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas and New Orleans Fire Superintendent Tim McConnell. All meetings will start at 6 p.m. From 5:30 to 6 p.m., the city will have "resource centers" at which residents can speak individually with officials about specific projects, problems and complaints.
Here's the schedule:
• Aug. 18: District C (L.B. Landry High School, 1200 L.B. Landry Ave.)
• Aug. 20: District A (Lakeview Christian Center, 5885 Fleur De Lis Drive)
• Aug. 21: District E (Greater St. Stephen Full Gospel Baptist Church, 5600 Read Blvd.)
• Aug. 26: District B (Touro Synagogue, 4238 St Charles Ave.)
• Aug. 27: District D (Arthur Ashe Charter School, 1456 Gardena Drive).