• Family Gras is Friday, Feb. 21, Saturday, Feb. 22, and Sunday, Feb. 23.
• Festival Plaza is on the neutral ground of Veterans Memorial Boulevard where it intersects with Severn Avenue, in front of Lakeside Shopping Center.
• There's live music on an outdoor stage from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Friday; 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Saturday; and 11:30 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. Sunday (see "Hit parade" on p. 7).
• Admission is free.
• VIP Royal Passes are available and provide premium seating at the front or sides of the stage, admission to meet-and-greet sessions with musicians, two meals and two drinks per day, a VIP food and beverage area and VIP restroom facilities.
Royal Passes are $99 for all three days. They are available at www.ticketmaster.com through Feb. 20 (there is a service fee) and at the festival grounds on the day of the show. (Tickets are cash only at the festival.)
• Costuming is encouraged
• Budweiser and Coca-Cola products and bottled water are available for purchase.
• Family Gras is on the Metairie parade route. Excalibur begins at 7 p.m. Friday and is expected to reach Festival Plaza about 8 p.m. The Krewe of Caesar rolls at 6 p.m. Saturday, and should reach the Family Gras site about an hour later.
• The Flambeau Food Court includes more than a half-dozen vendors selling a variety of dishes including po-boys, seafood, sausage, gumbo, wraps, chicken on a stick, fried Oreos, daiquiris and more (see "Food carnival" on p. 7).
• There is an art market featuring arts and crafts from local artists.
• No outside food or beverages.
• No pets.
• No skateboards or bikes on festival grounds. (Bike racks are provided.)