Boucherie1506 S. Carrollton Ave., (504) 862-5514www.boucherie-nola.comA weekly crawfish boil on the patio begins at 11 a.m.
Cherry Espresso Bar4877 Laurel St., (504) 875-3699www.cherryespresso.comThe Devil's Mattress sandwich includes sausage, fried eggs, cheddar cheese, onion marmalade and maple butter. Gracious Bakery + Cafe1000 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway, Suite 100, (504) 301-3709; 2854 St. Charles Ave., (504) 301-9949www.graciousbakery.comThe Oliver features a fried egg, bacon or sausage, smoked cheddar and aioli on a green onion roll.
Five juices and mocktails
Bar Tonique820 N. Rampart St., (504) 324-6045www.bartonique.comCelery soda is mixed with lime juice, house-made gum syrup, celery bitters and charged (soda) water. Carmo527 Julia St., (504) 875-4132www.cafecarmo.comMocktails are made with juices of vitamin C-packed graviola fruit and acerola cherries, passion fruit, cashew fruit and sugar cane.
Domenica123 Baronne St., (504) 648-6020www.domenicarestaurant.comSquid ink tagliolini is tossed with blue crab and herbs. Marcello's715 St. Charles Ave.,
4860 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Metairie,
(504) 301-3848www.marcelloscafe.comA.O.C. pasta features spaghetti, lump crabmeat, anchovies, olive oil, pine nuts, capers and red pepper flakes.
Liberty Cheesesteaks5031 Freret St., (504) 875-4447www.libertycheesesteaks.comThe steak hoagie includes American or provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato and olive oil on an Italian hoagie roll. Luca Eats7329 Cohn St., (504) 866-1166www.lucaeats.comThin-sliced grilled sirloin is topped with caramelized onions, white cheddar and horseradish sauce on ciabatta.
Emeril's New Orleans800 Tchoupitoulas St., (504) 528-9393www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-new-orleansThe s'mores ice cream sandwich includes toasted marshmallows and Fireball whiskey sauce. Fat Boy Pantry1302 Magazine St.,
(504) 239-9514Ice cream is scooped onto a sweet bun and pressed.
Caribbean RoomThe Pontchartrain Hotel, 2031 St. Charles Ave., (504) 323-1500www.thecaribbeanroom.comThe $95 five-course tasting menu includes lobster bisque with lobster toast and tarragon and tournedos of beef with bearnaise. The Grill RoomWindsor Court Hotel, 300 Gravier St.,
(504) 523-6000www.grillroomnew- orleans.comPrix fixe options of five- ($80), seven- ($100) and nine-course ($120) meals have dishes such as oysters with tempura-fried avocado and Calabrian chilies.
The Big Cheezy422 1/2 S. Broad St., (504) 302-2598; 3232 Williams Blvd., Kenner, (504) 305-5349; Henry's Uptown Bar, 5101 Magazine St.,
(504) 258-4075www.thebigcheezy.comThe Mac N'Cheezy is a grilled sandwich filled with bacon, macaroni and four cheeses. Capdeville520 Capdeville St., (504) 371-5161www.capdevillenola.comTruffled macaroni and cheese is made with pancetta, brown butter, sage, peas, Parmesan and truffle oil.
Cocktail & Sonswww.cocktailandsons.comThe local company makes syrups for use in cocktails, including a king cake syrup made with cinnamon, lemon and pecan. Creole Creamery4924 Prytania St.,
(504) 894-8680; 6260 Vicksburg St., (504) 482-2924www.creolecreamery.comKing cake ice cream is cinnamon flavored and has pieces of king cake in it.
Balise640 Carondelet St., (504) 459-4449www.balisenola.comCornmeal-battered fried Gulf fish is served on a bed of grilled cabbage, pickled peppers and celery root remoulade. Carmo527 Julia St., (504) 875-4132www.cafecarmo.comBroken noodle salad features rice noodles, bean sprouts, shredded cabbage, tofu and vegetables in citrus-ginger-chili vinaigrette.
January 6Dong Phuong king cake party7 a.m.-9 a.m. FridayPizza NOLA, 141 W. Harrison Ave., (504) 872-0731www.pizzanola.comPizza NOLA celebrates the kickoff to Carnival with the arrival of king cakes from Dong Phuong Bakery, with a police motorcade escort.
Ba Chi Canteen7900 Maple St., (504) 373-5628www.facebook.com/bachicanteenlaCoconut curry tofu is available over rice, in banh mi and in "bacos," or Vietnamese-style buns, topped with fried shoestring sweet potatoes and basil aioli. Bennachin1212 Royal St., (504) 522-1230Bikai ni curry includes eggplant, mushrooms and bean sprouts in curry sauce served with couscous.