You know you’ve been waiting for the perfect opportunity to shop the fall 2015 runway trend: PLAID. Well, now’s your chance! Join us for Ponies & Plaid on Saturday, December 12 from 12-4pm at New Orleans Fair Grounds for a day of racing, gaming, food, and holiday looks.
This free celebration is for Gambit readers. Simply register to attend, make sure to wear your best plaid outfit and we’ll see you at the Fair Grounds for Louisiana Champions Day.
Need plaid inspiration? Click through this slideshow for plaid looks available locally at Hemline and Bloomin' Deals.
5 reasons you won’t want to miss Ponies & Plaid:
1. House Sounds. Gambit's 40 Under 40 honoree DJ Bella will be hitting the decks between races.
2. VIP treatment! By registering to attend, you will receive access to a special Gambit VIP area with drink specials.
3. Put your game face on! The horses aren’t the only ones competing. PLAY NOLA will host several fun games for ya'll.
4. Refuel like a champion. Local favorites Theo’s Pizza and la Cocinita will be serving up food trunk lunches as fast as the horses can race!
5. Tis the season of giving back. Donate gently used clothing to the Bloomin’ Deals Thrift Shop at the event.
To register online for free, visit www.bestofneworleans.com/ponies.
Join the Facebook group here.