The Girls on the Run New Orleans Fall 5K Celebration couldn’t happen at a better time. Think about it—it’s December 5, just after the gluttonous Thanksgiving holiday, and just before the rush of holiday parties and last minute shopping. You will be looking to burn calories to fit in your new holiday dress and running will help release holiday stress.
Take action, grab your daughter, girlfriends, co-workers and lean in to celebrate Girl Power with Girls on the Run, an awesome local non-profit that inspires girls to be healthy and confident through a fun curriculum that incorporates - you guessed it - running.
Almost convinced? Here are 10 more reasons to sign up for this fun December race:
10. The location: Girls on the Run will take place in beautiful Audubon Park.
9. The race is at 8am – meaning once it’s over, you still have a full day to run errands, go shopping or celebrate the season with a holiday cocktail.
8. Not a runner? No problem! Walking is perfectly fine.
7. Not a walker? No biggie! You can also volunteer your time and services as you cheer on the runners.
6. Enjoy a delicious and healthy post-race breakfast thanks to Heart-n-Hands,
Whole Foods and more! (free food? Don’t mind if we do!)
5. The Mystic Krewe of Nyx and Disco Amigos will be running in true New Orleans costumed style.
4. GOTRNOLA is collecting your old shoes at the race– so it’s a great reason to buy a new pair.
3. Did you know that singing while running may help you lose more weight? So belt out those Christmas Carols, and lose extra calories while you run.
3. There’s fun for all ages and stages before, during and post race including colored “happy hair spray”, faceprinting, an aMAZing maze, Higher Power bikes, and awesome GOTR race merchandise!
2. Registration is only $35.
1. All proceeds go to continuing to inspire confidence and limitless potential in young girls in our community.
Gambit is also giving away a (2) free race registrations. Enter here for your chance to WIN.