He may have been the early-morning newsreader on the WWL Morning News, but getting up at oh-God-o'clock never kept Rob Nelson from having a good time the night before. As Nelson packs up for New York and his new gig as the anchor of ABC's World News Now, he left us with this list of the places he'll miss the most.
5. Pat O'Brien's: Sure, it's touristy, but it's hard to beat a sunny afternoon at a great table by the fountain having a Hurricane or six.
4. Carousel Bar (Hotel Monteleone): A beautiful bar nestled in the Quarter, where you can measure your buzz in revolutions.
3. Monkey Hill: A rare attempt by a New Orleans bar to be upscale. Beautiful bartenders, and the people watchin' ain't too bad. And you better play some pool and shuffleboard. I once tried to talk to a girl here but leaned too far into a candle and my shirt caught on fire. My friends doused it in beer.
2. The Columns: Sitting on the veranda and watching the streetcar roll by. Does it get more New Orleans?
1. Fat Harry's: It's my Cheers. Enough said. They have stories on me I'll take to the grave.