Here are six reasons you should drink water:
• Water helps maintain the balance of nescessary body fluids. These essesntial fluids work in conjuction with your body to help with digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients and maintenance of body temperature.
• Water helps control the calories you take in. Substituting water for higher calorie beverages can be a key factor in dieting.
• Water helps to energize muscles and helps to avoid fatguie, especially during a workout.
• Water helps keep your skin looking healthy. The water in your skin works to prevent excess fluid loss.
• Water helps your kidney’s fluids transport waste products in and out of cells.
• Water helps maintain normal bowel function and keeps adequate hydration in order to keep things flowing properly along your gastrointestinal tract and prevent constipation.
For more information on the benefits of water or to set up an appointment for nutritional counseling, contact Rebecca Lee, registered dietician at East Jefferson General Hospital, at (504) 454-4077.