Here are 10 foods you should avoid:
1. Processed meats like salami, pastrami and bacon contain harmful ingredients and excess sodium.
2. Potato chips and french fries are two junk foods that contain ingredients that are not beneficial to your health.
3. Mayonnaise and dips are rich in fat and cholesterol.
4. Pork is not good for your health due to the high amount of sodium.
5. Sausages contain high amounts of fat, calories and nitrate.
6. Peanut butter contains a large amount of calories and fat.
7. Olives, crackers and pretzels contain high amounts of sodium.
8. Corned beef and other prepared or smoked meats are cured with well-seasoned salt and other seasonings that contain large amounts of sodium nitrate.
9. Many chocolates and heavy creams are both rich in fat.
10. Intoxicating liquors and wines actually increase your appetite.
Yes, we know most of these are your favorite foods, but enjoying the items on this list in excess can assist in causing cellulite. Enjoy them every now and then if you must, but to help avoid cellulite, steer away from making these foods part of your regular, every-day diet.
For more information on avoiding cellulite or to set up an appointment for nutritional counseling, contact Rebecca Lee, registered dietician at East Jefferson General Hospital at (504) 454-4077.