Rather than attempting to replicate the experience of reading a newspaper, but doing it on a tiny screen, we've completely rethought what our readers want out of mobile technology. If you like using Yelp! or IMDB on your phone, or if you're out in New Orleans and suddenly need a movie listing, a bar recommendation, the phone number for a restaurant, or just something to do right that minute, we think you'll like Gambit Mobile.
Here are some of the highlights:
• MOVIES. You can sort any way you please — alphabetical, release date, genre, MPAA rating, by theater, or by time. In addition, each movie has a review or synopsis, and each movie theater page links directly to a Google map and phone number. (This may be the coolest feature.)
• THIS WEEK. The week's entire print issue, in one place, with a link to previous issues.
• FOOD NEWS. The latest restaurant news and gossip from Gambit food writer Ian McNulty.
• BAR GUIDE. Get your drink on. Sort by nearby bars (on GPS-enabled devices), top bars or get an A-Z list. You can narrow the list by neighborhood or feature.
• BEST OF NEW ORLEANS. Our annual Best Of issue, formatted for mobile.
• SEARCH. Search is easy and fast. Hit the magnifying glass and find what you're looking for immediately.
Gambit Mobile isn't an app that you need to download from your app store — just go to m.bestofneworleans.com in your phone's web browser and it should load automatically, whether you're on iPhone, Android or BlackBerry.
Give it a try, and let us know what you think. We'd love your feedback.