Pin It

Nagin Not Endorsing — Poll May Explain Why 

  Mayor Ray Nagin says he has no plans to endorse anyone seeking to become his successor, and a recent independent poll may suggest why: He's the most unpopular and poorly rated mayor in memory. The poll of 600 New Orleans voters conducted for a private-sector client not affiliated with any candidate asked voters to rate Nagin's job performance as excellent, good, only fair or poor. The first two ratings are considered "positive" and the last two are considered "negative" rankings.

  The results for Nagin: only 3 percent of the voters surveyed gave him "excellent" marks, and only 10 percent said he has done a good job — for a total 13 percent "positive" rating.

  Meanwhile, 17 percent rated him as "only fair" and a whopping 68 percent judged his job performance "poor" — for a total "negative" rating of 85 percent. Moreover, Nagin fared badly among black as well as white voters. Black voters in the survey gave him an overall 73 percent "negative" rating, while white voters gave him a nearly universal 96 percent "negative" rating. The survey was taken Dec. 21-28. — Clancy DuBos


Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Pin It
Submit an event Jump to date

Spotlight Events

  • Bayou Country Superfest @ Mercedes-Benz Superdome
    1500 Poydras St.

    • May 25-27

© 2018 Gambit
Powered by Foundation